• This is the team’s FOURTH datacentre venture following IXEurope (sold 2007 to Equinix Inc.), Teraco, and IXcellerate.
• Vendor and carrier neutral data centres are the preferred format and a critical piece in creating an IT infrastructure ecosystem.
• Data centres globally and Africa, in particular, will continue to see tremendous data centre IP traffic growth based on:
Data Residency laws
Move to the edge
• IXAfrica will target both domestic and global clients.
• Founding team has strong background and expertise in building and managing data centers in Africa and other emerging markets.
Co-Founder and CEO of IXEurope 1999
- Built and operated 14 Data Centres in 5 European Countries for IXEurope.
- President Europe at Equinix 2017/18.
- Chairman and Founder of International Data Centre Group.
- Co-Founder of IXcellerate – Russia’s largest independent DC operator.
- Strategic shareholder and Board member of Teraco to 2014.
History of Guy’s previous ventures:
1999: first major investment and opening of London1 datacentre of 400m2.
2000: second major investment including JPMorgan, addition of Frankfurt1, Zurich1 and construction of London2 and Paris1.
2004: Acquisition of 50,000m2 Frankfurt2 campus, Zurich2. Acquitision from Telehouse Europe of Geneva1.
2005: London3, Zurich3 opening
2006: IPO on London Stock Exchange. London4 campus starts.
2007: Acquisition of Amsterdam1. IXEurope acquired by Equinix inc.
2008: GW invests in Teraco and joins the Board. https://www.teraco.co.za/
2010: GW invests in IXcellerate. https://ixcellerate.com/
2012: first major investment in IXcellerate, IFC and Bouscas. Opening of Moscow1.
2014: second major investment in IXcellerate.
2016: creation of Eurasia Peering Internet Exchange.
2019: third major investment in IXcellerate, Goldman Sachs, opening of Moscow2.
2020: first major investment in IXAfrica.