IX Africa Data Centre is the industry leader in Hyper-scale data centres. It is currently the only Hyperscale data centre in East and Central Africa. Established in 2019, IX AFRICA brings in a new dimension to carrier neutral data centres with a state-of-the-art design of a multi mega-capacity capacity campus located in the Nairobi, Kenya.
The key differentiator is the ability to host hyperscale/hypercloud customers whose requirement is to have large scalability in its requirement in power, space, cooling ability to have multiple/large cross connects.IX Africa offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the data centre industry into the future.
The role of the Colocation Sales Manager is to objectively build the sales pipeline with structured and consistent follow-up to drive new sales and revenue growth in a geographic territory and vertical industry. The primary function of the role is to prospect for new clients/companies and build relationships in – defined sectors in regional /geographic territory
Colocation Sales Managers are expected to use consultative selling skills along with a very strong understanding of the data center and technology industries to originate opportunities and achieve quota attainment in the data center/ colocation business.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate historic success in developing new client relationships with a high conversion rate to consistently succeed in meeting and exceeding sales targets. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high growth infrastructure technology organization with significant earnings potential.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
● Prospect for colocation sales with new clients
● In collaboration with the Sales Director, develop territory plan, including prospecting activities
● Management of the opportunity through deal close including providing forecasting and activity
● Manage a sales pipeline.
● Engage executives both with prospect/ client as well and to accelerate sales cycles improve close win rate.
● Present Company’s compelling value proposition at an executive level.
● Meeting with prospects, partners and peers, including participation in joint sales calls to customers
● Leverage with direct sales engineering, marketing, partners and overlay resources as appropriate
● Participation in territory events and training
● Use product promotions and programs to maximize success
● Attendance of events, trade shows, and conference calls as designated by the Sales Director
● Maintaining subject matter knowledge of colocation product offerings
● Minimum of 6 years direct Business to Business sales experience within the technology and fibre
● Ability to be persistent and can-do heavy hunting & prospecting of new clients
● Communication is key. Must have very good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to
effectively communicate to both internal and external stakeholders in both small and large group settings.
● Professional presentation skills
● Demonstrated stable track record of success in prospecting and conversion of prospects in sales.
● Experience in developing, researching and presenting formal presentations to senior level management
and other end users.
● Technical aptitude with proficiency with MS products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
● A valid Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- 3+ years selling Data Center Colocation Services
- Knowledge of the connectivity sector (metro fibre and subsea cables), MNOs and ISPs
- Familiarity with local marketplace, companies and community in geography stated above.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a start-up environment.
- Ability to self-structure and integrate.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature, ability and drive work independently, solution-oriented.
- Knowledge of CRM/ERP tools
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
How to apply
Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational qualification, years of experience,current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. For priority consideration, please send your application by November 13th, 2023.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – IX Africa is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics.
These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender,
religion, ethnicity, disability, marital or Indigenous status.